Sump pumps are a very important component in any home. Sump pumps can help to remove water from your basement before it has the chance to flood and cause damage, especially when heavy rain falls or during snow melts. If you’re not sure whether your sump pump is working properly or if it’s old enough for replacement, call us for help.
Common Sump Pump Problems
- Frequent Pumping: If your sump pump is running more than two or three times a day, it may be time to replace the battery. Sump pumps that are “chattering” can also indicate an issue with the motor gearbox and should be looked at by professional plumbers as soon as possible. Batteries don’t last forever.
- Foul Smell: If your sump pump is not running, you may want to check the odor in your basement or crawl space. It could be a sign that water has been sitting stagnant for too long and bacteria are starting to grow.
- High Water Table: Sump pumps work by pulling water up from the ground into a pit. If your sump pump isn’t working because of an unusually high water table, you may want to have it pumped manually by a contractor or plumber until the rain season is over and everything settles down again.
Signs Your Sump Pump Needs to be Replaced
What are some signs that indicate it’s time to replace your sump pump? In general.
Any of the following problems may be a sign you need new equipment:
- The motor is malfunctioning or not operating at all.
- The float switch isn’t working properly and water levels in the pit can’t be checked.
- The pump is overloaded and shuts off prematurely because it can’t handle the excess water.
If you are noticing any of these problems, contact a professional plumber in Ashburn VA before things get worse.
Sump Pump Repair & Replacement Services
Why choose us
We have been providing plumbing services in Ashburn, VA for over years. We are locally owned and operated by licensed plumbers who offer professional customer service to all of our clients. Ashburn Plumber Pros is a company that offers residential and commercial plumbing services, including drain cleaning, water heater installation, clog removal and more. We are experienced with all types of plumbing jobs for both homes and businesses. We are also available for emergency plumbing situations. We offer competitive prices and we guarantee the highest quality of workmanship. We will not sub-contract our services to any company, as all contractors have been background checked and fully insured.
Call Us Today
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment or would like to learn more about our services, don’t hesitate to give our team a call. Ashburn Pro Plumber Co offers professional plumbing services in Ashburn, VA. We have years of experience providing plumbing services for commercial and residential clients in Ashburn. Our team is ready to fix your leaky faucets, burst pipes, or clogged drains. Do you need emergency service? We have staff on call 24 hours a day that can solve your emergencies. You can reach our customer service team by using the phone number or contact form on this website.